Prayer for my children


Lord, I come before you today to lift my children up to you. I ask that you shine your light into every facet of their lives, bless and keep them Lord that they may truly know you and never stray from you. Lord, protect them physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally keeping them from evil and those who would do them harm, even inadvertently. Hedge them in so they cannot find their way to the wrong people or places and so that the wrong people cannot find them. I pray that they come to know you at an early age and they be totally, head-over-heels, 100% unashamedly, in love with and sold out to Jesus Christ for their entire lives. I know they will have to face adversity at some point, I know that there will come a time when you ask them to take up their cross and follow you, to take the road less travelled by or to stand alone even amongst friends; I pray that you give them the courage to hold their heads high and step forward willingly because they know in their souls that you are a God of grace and mercy who loves them personally beyond measure and that everything you ask of them is asked for a reason. Help them to make a difference in this world, enable them to be movers and shakers for you, God. I pray they will take responsibility for their attitudes in all of their interpersonal relationships so they can foster Godly circles in their lives. God, we are social creatures by nature, designed to crave human interaction, therefore we’ll have relationships with all kinds of people throughout life, I ask that you give them a discerning spirit to aid in choosing wisely, help them desire the right kind of friends while protecting them from the wrong ones. Help them to grow in your wisdom and develop good judgment so they may recognize sin and avoid it, Lord I pray that they do not turn away from you and your word when temptation comes knocking. You know the areas where my children are weak; I pray that you shape them in ways that could only reflect your power working in and around them. I ask that at an early age they learn to manage money well as you have called us to; so that they can live like no one else and give more abundantly. God I know there will be instances when they fall short and I ask for you to teach them the lessons to be learned in those moments with patient grace and mercy. I pray they always respect those in authority over them but if ever there is an instance in which that authority seeks to abuse their power and harm them God send 10,000 defending angels, shelter them in your arms and slam your shield of protection in front of them; safeguarding them from all possible harm. Lord, I ask that you keep them from the wrong mate while saving them for the Godly spouse you have intended for them and for everything I have or will ask for my children I also ask for their future spouses. I pray for Godly, whole, loving spouses for my babies so together they can raise God fearing families who love you and work to further your mission on this earth. I ask all of this in Jesus most precious, holy name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts