Posole


Are you a Mexican food fan? Mexican food is in my blood; it’s my absolute favorite food hands down. That being said I am in my 30’s and have never tried Posole because it’s pork soup; first, who goes to a restaurant to order soup and secondly pork isn’t my favorite thing. After tonight I feel like I’ve been missing out! I got this recipe from my husband’s exmother-in-law who excels in the kitchen and it will now be a staple in our home! I am the antithesis of a domestic goddess so I requested a super easy recipe and while she absolutely delivered it in no way lacked in flavor. It turned out absolutely amazing, you’ll have other people thinking you put a lot more effort into it than you did. It was so easy that as I made it, I messaged her to clarify that she in fact gave me the full recipe.  

2 lbs pork roast (she said pork shoulder but I couldn’t find a meat with that verbiage)
4 cans hominy drained
15 chili cascavel (chili guajillo) (color and flavor)
2 chili de arbol (heat)
10 cloves of garlic

½ onion

Salt to taste

Garnish:
Chopped onion
Lime
Corn tortillas

  

First trim the fat from your pork then cube it up in about 1 inch squares. Cover it with water and boil for about 45 minutes or until tender. While your meat is boiling, deseed your chili’s and boil them until tender which is about 8 minutes. Put your chili’s, garlic and onion in a processor or blender and blend until completely liquefied. You may need to add a bit of the water from your boiling pork to get it to blend well. Once it’s liquefied and you have added the hominy to your pork, add the blended up chili, salt to taste and boil for another 15 minutes so the flavors meld together well. Done and done. Put diced onion and a squeeze of lime on top and serve it with corn tortillas fried until crispy but not completely hard. Absolutely delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts